Monday, October 24, 2016

Diary - Day 7

It's 2.00 PM as it type this out. Too early an entry into the blog to be called a daily post. As I've already lamented about afternoons and their uninspiring nature on Day 1's post (if I'm not wrong), I am beginning to like the idea of this post-lunch writing regime - it helps me keep up my writing promise while the thought that goes into these posts stops my brain from slipping into a siesta.

I know what's about to happen in the next 36 hours. Something I've vowed to myself to never conform to, before I took the plunge into this industry. To never give more of myself than what constitutes to one-third of my years' time for as long as I work in this industry. I feel helpless I'm breaking that vow for an umpteenth time in the last one year. While I'm somehow keeping up this promise of writing daily, I am breaking the other. Yep, I am working for 36 straight hours - merely to deliver the agreed.

With more number of years adding to my life's calendar & my stint in this industry, I have been increasingly feeling the need to jump into writing. To tell the stories I've always longed to tell, rather than writing business use cases that hardly stand any character against the former.

I'm well aware all this talk of wanting to be a writer amounts to very little, if not nothing. So hopefully, this will be the last time I crib about how much I want to be one - but actually start working on a couple of short ideas I've been thinking over.

One good thing has started to develop as a result of this daily writing exercise though. I am now able to string words with relative ease. That's some progress, ain't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment