Monday, October 17, 2016

Diary - Day 1

It has been a banal Monday so far. No remarkable happenings that will make me remember today in the days to come. This piece is nothing more than a starting point to the promise I've made to myself to reembark on writing: this time as a craft - in a methodical and auto didactic fashion.

Well, afternoons are deprived of motivation that mornings usually contain. They are uninspiring and so, they seem long than they last. Let's not talk about evenings because I usually spend them in retrospection and hence, self-retribution. Like I had to quench my ego when someone said something nice to hear about an absent somebody - I pitched in to prove myself too (An incident that refuses to leave my memory and comes atop me every night to put me to shame).

I've read quite a few number of books in the recent times. Running a blog post with 3 liner reviews sounded like an exciting idea initially but you know, excitement bites the dust when its cause wears off in its age. So, like many writing ideas, the mini review thing also took a backseat in my head as one of the remnants of a receding enthusiasm to try and adopt new, healthy habits.

As I've mentioned that this piece is the starting point to a promise made to self, I don't want this to be extinguished before it can make its due journey.

Hope to see you again tomorrow, against the pallid white backdrop.

No comments:

Post a Comment