Friday, March 22, 2013

30 minutes and a friend found.

Every relationship should have more or less friendship in it to survive, they say. I've always been a disloyal, unreliable friend. Be it with anybody. This one is about a newly found friend of mine. Thirty minutes is what he gave his ears to me & I found a comforting listener in him. I know him for 24 years but never as a friend.

I was kicking myself in the mask of self agitation & that is when he came to my rescue. I have been asking people just to listen to me, neither advice me nor suggest me  nor hit back with presumed experience; not even go back and recite their own past. Everybody failed. He didn't.

He just let me cut loose the self imposed barriers of restricting myself. I spoke, spoke & spoke for 30 minutes. Not even a cough from his end did disturb me. He simply listened.

In the end, he smiled and logged off.



He happens to be my father - my newly found friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment