Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Whiskey tonight.

Pre Subject : Glad I am writing daily.


Okay, I speak to an old friend of mine to whom I elaborately explain the reason behind creating an irrational occasion to drink. Well, while talking to her, it sounded funny as we both were constantly laughing at my stupid reasoning attempts. Later, as I hanged up the call & came back to my desk, something intriguing about that appealed to me.

What makes a day off from work worthy? I am surrounded by few jobless souls at home who wait for it to be evening so that they can go grab some beers. If something called conscience exists for them, they won't do that. Six days of going through oodles of work, unlimited shift swaps, crowded entourages between home and office, strained backs, stressed shoulders etc. are what that makes somebody truly deserve a holiday.

Its pretty sad that, that one day passes by in a blink. You realise its sunday & it'd be gone by then. Bouts of unhappiness, dissatisfaction. Sunday evenings are always gloomy, occupied with the fact that monotonous fact that another monstrous week is waiting ahead in store.

Similarly, I remember my untiring trials to rob my dad's wallet so that I could guzzle down beers till I find it difficult to breathe. Deep inside, there was always a fear and concern about tomorrow. Unexpected changes in lifestyle might actually alter my way of living. Now I realise in relief, that nothing like that happened.

I am gearing up for whiskey tonight. I feel deserving and happy. 9 months of its absence & its going to find me as a whole new person holding it in a crystal glass, pouring it down his throat in pride.



To more work to come (with challenges as its wingmen), here goes the toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment