Monday, May 28, 2012

Journey

Waiting for the good times & smilingly live through not-so-good ones. This is what is the entire essence. I seriously do not go in compliance with elders' saying which says like one must treat triumph and defeat in similar way. May be attaining that unperturbed state is being super human. What are you and I? Mere mortals, aren't we?

I can never take a defeat as smilingly as I take a triumph that comes my way. I can't and I don't. Why should I, firstly? Isn't it a pretty reflexive phenomenon to feel sad when lost & elated when won? I see no point in controlling the trivial reflexes. May be that helps at a super human level, but again, we are humans.

We try; with ignorance, without forecast, with no speculations, we fall, get hurt, feel bad, take time to get out of it, introspect, contemplate, make resolutions, frame policies, we try again with fair chances of winning. We might win this time, we might equally lose. But that ain't going to effect our trial process. It should not.

Bored or irritated or fed up, work does teaches you quite a lot. It makes your learn the prominence of patience, perseverance; two fundamental attributes to grit defeat out. There's this wonderful line in 'Neninthe'

సినిమా పోయింది; వెల్లిపోతామా ?సినిమా హిట్  అయింది; ఇంక  తీయడం ఆపేస్తామా ? సినిమా హిట్  అయినా కాకపోయినా ఇంకో సినిమా తీయాలి . ఎందుకంటే మనకి ఇదొక్కటే వచ్చు. 

Similarly, its all about the process. As Ashok put it this way, 'It's better to follow meaning than method.' We feel sad when we lose, hence we try. We feel happy when we win, therefore we try again.

A man who said 'Success is a journey; not a destination' was definitely not a mad man. 

1 comment: