Monday, January 23, 2017

Diary - Day 97

What she said in the morning was right. There has been this unaccounted-for apathy towards almost everything. An apathy that renders me disinterested towards anything within a trice. An apathy that equally renders me being asocial in the insides & only obligated to do things I hate & meet people I loathe.

Every morning as I pull my chair at work close to my desk by rowing my feet, switch on the computers and browse through emails that get dumped in the last 12 hours, that apathy turns into a self-inflicting malice. It drives me away from the boring issues I have to fix and rather boring documents I have to churn out. An occasional peep into other  browser windows where sites I feed on are open provide the much needed respite. Like a 2 minute stroll into the backyard of a prison where fellow inmates smoke and do carpentry, after 4 hours of solitary confinement; where only companions being fine specs of dust seeping through the caged window, made prominent by sun rays.

All my reads (can be counted on fingers, in reality) know what spares me from this despicable situation. Working on that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment