Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Diary - Day 84

Barrack Obama delivered his last speech as the incumbent POTUS. I haven't watched the full speech yet. I cannot wait to watch it. It sure would have been filled with rhetoric of sovereignty, American spirit & an euphemistic expression of dismay of losing presidency, the house & the senate to a Republican moron who had been nothing more than a semblance of absurdity before becoming the President Elect.

All said & done. Obama is a great orator. He knows how to crunch the intricacies of things and offer them in the most pressing ways possible to garner immediacy from the listeners. He has never refrained from shedding a tea - a happy one full of gratitude towards Michelle (what titbits of footage I could look on Twitter); a mournful one remembering the September attach in the early year of the Millennium.

Barrack Obama, too, has been a war criminal - like all his predecessors. I guess the POTUS chair comes with a requisite to be one. But he's been a human being notches higher than his immediate predecessor & the urgent successor. This black president has marked the birth of many laudable initiatives, reinstating Cuban relations after decades, Obamacare etc to name one or two. He pressed that the 9/11  attach wasn't by Islam but was by Al- Qaeda - which wasn't just a fact but a slap on his successor's face - a face full of contempt for anyone whose skin doesn't look like his.

Personally, this man called Obama showed me things could be done in style. Arrived and departing in style.

Salute.


1 comment:

  1. Very well put. Echoes a lot of my thoughts about the man. He brought grace and magnanimity to the chair, and for filling in between Bush and Trump, I'm sure his legacy will be much greater than we can see now.

    The last speech is, like you said, filled with powerful rhetoric and sentiment. I read it and it filled me with hope. I'm sure you'll like it too.

    ReplyDelete