Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Diary - Day 63

Alright. It has been a while I typed in. But I have got a bag of convincing reasons to reason out the absenteeism. There’s this trip I have embarked on and I should say it is a blast. So much of a blast that I almost tore away from it for a while last night to clear my head and think through the happenings. It could be calibrated in the count and class of the pictures we’ve clicked.

Coming back to the project, first thing it feels like is home. Home is the word that spurs in my head when I come here. 

Fun and folly aside, there’s something essential this trip has shed light on.  There have been moments of gazing into distant dreams of future and dreamily talking about the post-work plans. Of a retirement home and a city that makes it worth a stay. Having been a person who always belonged to cities of hustle-bustle, I thought a serene town could negate a lifetime of noisy existence. Little did I know that what I have been convinced as noise is not noise after all but the ethos of my existence.

So this is the revelation. Or rather an epiphany that came down pressing on me when I was amid beaches and breezes. I could never think myself of belonging to a tier 2 town that offers a lazy lifestyle. A visit every once in a while could recharge my exhausted brain but nerves twitch to get away to the noise after the rejuvenation. Although I curse with my car horn, that city is where I belong. Or rather a bigger one. I could adjust myself to a rather ambitious city but not a nihilistic one.


5 days of holidaying has revealed something very fundamental about me to myself. Not bad a trip after all. Will resume posting regularly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment