Monday, February 25, 2013

That Kid.

As i promised in my last update that I am not going to write about my personal happenings, here I am, ready with the story of a troubled kid who opened himself to me.

There's this kid who had been waiting at my house for me to come back from office. He happened to talk to me the day before & I asked him to come down to my place for a detailed discussion. He's having problems with his education just like the way I once had. He earnestly looked at me for some sage advise and I was eagerly waiting to listen to my story narrated by some other person.

He explained me his problem which seemed trivial to me; but it didn't - 5 years ago. I could totally comprehend the lump of turbulence in his throat which he often had to clear to spell words out.

Seemed familiar.

The best part about him was ruthless self denial & infectious honesty. He was there, very much ready to dissect himself & to critically analyze his problems. All he lacked was enough confidence and trust in himself.

Sounded rather familiar.

That dejected look on his face when he told me that his father actually has given up on his son's ability to promote to the next grade seemed far too close to my heart. It was as if someone was narrating my past to me in the most endearing way possible. I was all ears.

He opened the conversation by addressing himself as a loser which pierced through my heart like a spade studded with sharp words from ill mouthed douche bags. I could completely recall how it feels to proclaim one's self as a loser in his late teens or early twenties - when life has barely started.

His helpless rage, hopeless hope to see the unseen horizons of a colorful life now seem almost impossible for him. That's where I stepped into the picture. All I tried is to inject some hope into his veins. We light up a cigarette each. He inhaled, looked into my eye with a sense of respite, I exhaled, looked into the skies, we drove away farther on that road which opened gates for another opportunity called tomorrow.

2 comments: