Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Corporate conspiracies!

Corporate waters are too salty to swim through. There's some major technical cliche in the server which has interrupted work for almost an hour. I rooted back to my 8-month experience as a technical writer. In knowledge terms, these 8 months have been highly fulfilling. I understood the importance of things which I never knew even existed. No nonsense about that. But this is not what I started this post to talk about.

I will be honest. Time just flew away. I didn't know when 2012 arrived and faded away. All thanks to my job. That doesn't mean my job has been an amazing experience. Of course, the core competencies challenged me; I won at times; I lost at times. That's a different story altogether.

People. Experience encountering different people has been an incredible one. I cam across people who live in nut shells, people who just throw away themselves to exposure, people who always want to sue someone & also people who want to sue their own employer as well.

What baffles me about some of them is their craving for supremacy & dominance (not through work, though). You think you settled scores with somebody the previous evening over some issue; you come back the next day only to know that 2 hours of throat aching explanation only did worse but no good. I felt utterly disappointed in the beginning states but yeah, 8 months did teach me something. That things don't always work the way you wish them to. Made peace.

Oh yes! One more thing. Are you bad at saying NO? If yes, you're screwed. Being selfish never harmed me during my journey. All I learnt during these 8 months is to smile for whatever that happens beyond my control. What else could I have done?

This has been pretty much an industrious welcome to the diving board from where I jumped into the corporate waters. The jump seemed smooth; waters - lukewarm, hard, salty.

I am pretty confused whether to feel happy that waters aren't dead cold or to feel sad that they are mouth spoiling salty.


But as I said here few days ago, its totally okay not to know everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment