Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wise Mice

A deep drag (long awaited since morning) after a huge meal justifies the word 'completion'. As I open out the passive door of my flat to blow out few deep drags which get mixed with the late night fog sums up big and hits the cool wind out there to win a losing battle.
I sit there consciously on the the three legged dining chair and light up a stick to strike out one more day off the new decade's calendar, two mice sprout up all of a sudden from the trash can just like balls in the pinball. The mortal and never outgrown fear of reptiles take me back but they yell at me saying 'Easy, boy!' and I ease myself.
This follows later.

Mouse 1 (M1) : Hello little boy.

Me : Huh, Little? me?

Mouse 2 (M2) : My friend seldom lies. Yes you are. Very much.

Me : Well, Hi.

M2 : Welcome to the kingdom where sun never sets. Sorry. Late wishes though.

Me : Approaching 5 month stone and a welcome piece now? Thanks, anyway.

M1 : Be careful chum! Its all dark here, not as it appears.

M2 : You seems to be innocent. Need to be extra careful.

Me : Ahem! By now, I know this place sucks because of its colour obsession. Though its dark, it hates darks.

M1 : Interesting observation, that is.

Me : Thats experience , what we humans name it as.

M2 : We call it as survival.

M1 : Some call it retrospection.

Me : Whatever. You both look white. Are you guys Brits?

M1 : To be honest, we don't mind being white. We'd be fed with same food and liberty even if we are coloured. Know that?

Me : That's awesome. You guys follow constitution eh? *winks*

M2 : Well, we framed one. You humans are too smart and wicked to follow.

Me : That's the whole essence then. Supremacy in the race of survival.

M1 : Aren't we surviving?

Me : Yes, you are.

M2 : With equality, to be taken note of.

M1 : You people have big brains dude.

Me : Big enough to lead the race of survival.

M1 : Well, If I am not wrong, I notice a glimpse of pride as you admit that.

Me : Emerging victorious is a proud thing. Isn't it?

M1 : Yuddham lo gelavadam ante shatruvu ni champadam kaadu, odinchadam.
(J A L S A)
M2 : Don't stab existence.

M1 : Live humanely and justify 'Human'

Me : Will try to. Later, guys.

Mice : Later, man.

5 comments:

  1. dude, the best of the lot according to me..u proved me right today..i always had an opinion that it is FICTION that actually speaks about the writer or thinker or director or whatever's capability..awesome..hope to find more articles like this in the future..

    ReplyDelete
  2. woomph! I thought this is going to be another plain piece. Thanks, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me : Whatever. You both look white. Are you guys Brits?

    M1 : To be honest, we don't mind being white. We'd be fed with same food and liberty even if we are coloured. Know that?


    i love that. brits, and "food and liberty"..genius!

    ReplyDelete