Friday, February 4, 2011

A Friend Indeed.

The image of my ridiculed face on 'that' day still pops in into my introspective mind once in a while, when I usually lay down on my couch, wondering what if even a big joint of marijuana fails in singing dark and forbidden lullabies to put me to sleep.
I was standing there bewildered with my landlord's pinning words that shot us and ousted us from that mansion abruptly. I stood there in the parking lot, smoking the last cigarette I had, no money to buy one more. He came silently from behind, patted me gently on my shoulder and smiled and shared the remaining cigarette. I knew that he knew what was doing rounds in my brain then. I was wholly broke and was on roads literally. No job, new land, no money. But there was lot of self respect that abandoned me from asking my dad, some money. Then the phone rang, was my dad asking, " Is everything okay nana?" "Absolutely Pappa. A little busy. Will ring you later" was my reply.

I hung up and this fellow and this fellow then came into my life by protruding an upper hand then and it still goes on. He drew out some 100 Euros or Pounds or whatever from the Barclays hole in the wall and tucked it in my hand. Befallen by hunger and ambiguity all around, I had to accept those bucks.

It all started there with him. The to-be-together journey. He was always there for me. The only lad who makes Londone a crappier place for me to live in, with his absence. There was another day, one of those days when I was trying hard to digest the fact that She abandoned me, I cried like a little boy after getting sloshed away by alcohol. I was close to death and he dragged me back home from a dark bar.

He always wants me to be independent but made me feel conveniently dependent on him when things didn't work out the way they has to, so far.

Well, you guys may call this a tribute to him, I'd rather say that this is a way of reciprocating for what all he did for me.

Well, his parents named him Chaitanya, I'd prefer 'the friend indeed'.

P.S : I received my first birthday gift already frm this bastard.



God bless!

5 comments:

  1. thanks a lot mama, and u dont take me high as u thinking, it's a friends favour for a friend . love u :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and that is why, I named the post 'A Friend Indeed'..

    ReplyDelete
  3. rofl! i'll be damned but that was sweet..

    ReplyDelete
  4. tear invoking,trust me....i got actual tears in me eyes

    ReplyDelete