Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wrecking West and Envious East.

My dream of finding out a proper cafe' which deliberately serves Indian trademark tea and its varieties has come true. I was having another 60 minutes of time in my hands before my college started and I seriously didn't want that time to be ruined.I was searching for some shop which provides me the much required warmth(by fluids) to fight against this climate(not alcohol,this time). But kind of chai and all. I was lucky enough to find one just some 100 yards away from my college.It's name is Cafe' Donatella. They had some 20 varieties of tea listed on their menu ,which got me excited at the very first go.Here,I settle down with some decent music in my ears,warm cigarette sticks and yes,my all time Lemon tea.
I start sipping my tea as the first chilled drop of winter falls on my arm. The contact of drop on my hand prompts me to consume a large gulp from my cup and it all started. 40 minutes passed by and another cup of lemon tea was placed on my table. Then,I find some gigantic creature passing over my head,which dominates the sound of my music machine too.I look up to find that it is an aeroplane tilting towards Envious East.I kind of miss its ambience and warmth ,of late.It strikes my mind back,when I eat a burger,It pops up when I have a dark chocolate,otherwise would be having nice Amma made south Indian meal and a delicious Irani chai. As I write this,'Under the bridge' is playing in my ears.It sings somewhere in the middle,"the city I live in ,is the City of angels.Lonely as I am ,together we cry".That may be true with California but it isn't,with London. London never cries along with you. It makes you cry and it laughs along,when you cry. Great language,glowing lights,glittering nailpolishes,gleaming faces,everything is pretentious. Everything is pretentious. Every thing can be accompanied with the word 'pseudo' before it. Beneath all those,lies the original,dark side.It craves for wealth,wealth and more wealth.If wealthy enough,London is one of the finest places to live and definitely NOT,if you work your ass off for a piece of bread on your table at the end of the day.It isn't of my type. People do their breakfast in tubes. Such a fast place to maintain pace with. People's mindset is like this: If they waste some 10 minutes having a peaceful breakfast with their loved ones,they're gonna lose some £10. What a life ,which can't enjoy a meal a day? I seriously don't understand what makes people run like a Marathon.I used to stand up and resist the crowd running leaving me behind. But as my journey in London is moving,I slowly gave up and you know what the worst part is? I started running along with them too. I fear I have to run all my life to stop and look behind and laugh whole heartedly someday. I started losing hope that,that day would come. To rest back on some fucking sunny day,do I have to run past some 15 or 20 cold winters through which I may live through??

6 comments:

  1. again, the last line does the trick. you've learn that amazing your posts on a high and that is why though the rest of the piece of ordinary, the ending is awesome. i like the way you're beginning to talk about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. roflol..it takes a lot to turn an entire post into an extraordinary one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rofl! interesting observation that..very original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fear I have to run all my life to stop and look behind and laugh whole heartedly someday - Best line you allowed your pen to write till date..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. jai..that came out after a lot of struggle and m glad that you appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete