Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pact of Trade

When writing was just about to grab the front seat,
She entered into my life.
With love that ignited my senses & put me on heat,
Writing took a back seat 'cos I wanted to make her my wife. 


That one who can love me & write about it
was the one who I looked forward to.
She confessed she cannot write a shit;
I was convinced I'd tame her to.

We made a pact of trade.
I give her writing & she give me love.
But I didn't know it was meant to fade
Just like an autumn took away from us a dry clove. 

She decided to keep love for herself.
but I never wondered that she'd instead teach me how to hate.
I am stuck here with 'love rebuttal' as my motif.
She moved on to write a brand new LOVE on her slate.

I cross paths with strangers to accidentally discover her all over again.
But all I discover is a whole new bunch of faces.
Waiting to be found.
Waiting to be loved. 




Deekshith

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and heartfelt.

    She decided to keep love for herself.
    but I never wondered that she'd instead teach me how to hate.

    Love, love this part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heartfelt is the word. Waiting to be found. Waiting to be loved. Says a lot.

    ReplyDelete