Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Communication Catastrophe

There is a buzz. All over. Unseen carrier waves exchanging information among innumerable radars. A giant spider web with uncountable strings measured in Kilobytes, Megabytes & so on. Ever felt detached in a while? I am sure you did not. You're stuck in the web. The most complicated web. Its all about staying connected, isn't it? Posting about when you had your shower today, what amount of extra cheese in your burger you had for your lunch is worrying you & stuff.

This idea struck me when I dashed out of my desk for a smoke break, leaving behind my cell phone. Sucking in a couple of puffs, I realized I don't have my cell phone with me. Felt so discrete & honestly freed. That one sprint can actually take me away from the network I've developed over the years. I was one step away from 'to be gone forever'. Never felt so close to freedom ever since I started understanding things. Just one step away. It was like something incredible, never-experienced entity was calling. May be that was life calling.

One of the disastrous consequences, left out as a bye product in the process of advancement of technology. Too much prominence bestowed on staying connected. I don't understand the fuss around it. Its increasingly sad that now I can't proceed into a day's work without checking my mail box. As Divyakka said sometime ago, "There's thing funny thing now that people actually 'meet' to discuss emails." Thats pathetically funny.

This is the generation of smart phones, more smarter apps in them & the smartest OS platforms. A key note conference almost everyday to launch a new development that actually enhances the ease of communicating. Apple outdo Android & Android hits back with conspiracy. People already feel lost without a smart phone with messenger apps on it in their pockets. Sheer pitiable.

What is that? Google buys Meebo for $100 million. Awesome. And also it deploys a R&D wing to further improvise its services, only to rob people's golden silent space. Where is that much needed time for one's own self? You are half asleep & it beeps saying "ReadingBob just mentioned you in a comment" and where's sleep for the rest of that night?

Gone are the days, a child holding a slate & writing with a chalk on it, instead he draws a picture on his iPad, uploads it on Instagram to get more likes and comments.



God save the World.

1 comment: