Monday, February 10, 2014

Tryin' to hang in there.

I have seen people letting people slip away from their clutches. When the slipped blamed the inertia towards personal success, my heart went with the defeated. I cursed on behalf of the defeated for bad timing they were subjected to.

When this thing comfortably slipped away from the folds of my brain almost 3 years ago, I suddenly recollected it the other day at noontime when I saw one of the 'defeated' drive past me on his bike. Everything came back in a frenzy.

Today I sit here with this stupid phone in my hand waiting for a response from her. I just realized how I have calmed down. In a way I feel lucky: to let myself grow with the relationship. To evolve as a person while evolving as a part of 'us'. I zero it down to this: who just don't grow old with their relations will encounter problems.

Three years ago, I used to wait for her reply with petulance. I now wait in a hushed way. Million things flash across my mind but they successfully fail to affect the existence. The knowledge that any wrong channeled emotions redirected at a wrong person might just get it all wrong - keeps me calm.

If they don't grow up with it, they proved they will perish. I am just trying to hang in there. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that you are hanging in there with patience, that you have grown in the relationship and evolved to be the wiser one ( taking the liberty of saying this), but never let the identity that i made friends with... "Dixit K Vemuganti" be overshadowed by anything in this process.
    "All discomfort comes from suppressing your true identity".

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) i get that, my friend! Evolving also includes striking the balance between changing few traits and letting few be. However, I cherish your concern for me and will not disappoint you in any case.

    ReplyDelete