Monday, November 4, 2013

The fallout of a lunatic

There is so much that goes into being an ordinary person. Being a common man seems a seamless task but under the veil, a basket full of eccentricities & weird, yet not-uncommon traits lie silently. Amid the pandemonium of such things, its highly admiring to live the life of a common man. 

I believe every man is a lunatic inherently. The crazy demon inside every man breaks out more or less often; credit goes to compelling scenarios & their complementing persistence levels.

However the fall outs are rather intriguing. The world & its writers are busy weaving stories of rising up when the tales of falling out always remain unheard; deliberately at times & equally inadvertently at the other.

Take me for instance. I can clearly see myself shedding off the virtues of 'a-boy-next-door' to turn into 'a-boy-who's-alive-apparently'.

I am very happy keeping to myself though her untimely, irregular intrusions add a strange joy to the happiness of being left out by choice. I keep drooling for more of her before I realize its been a day I met her & life slowly etches onto the path of chosen confinement, yet again.

I walk lazily towards the tuck shop round the corner at work places for post-lunch smoke, sometimes accompanied by John (my newly found acquaintance {takes few more beer mugs, nicotine stubs & time stabs to be labelled a friend}). I take in a puff, expel it away when I catch him staring at me. I look away to find a lonely man holding a cup of tea between his thumb & forefinger of one hand while a cigarette burns in the other.

He is visibly attentive to what we talk but comfortably isolated at a distance of 2 meters. I see myself in him. I stare at him while he peeks his head away to blow out his bout of smoke; so I turn back to catch John staring at me. 

The cigarette like a dying man slips out of my hand to hit the dust only to die under my shoe. I stand up. John follows me; trudging our way back to office.

Didn't you see the fallout of a lunatic a few lines ago? 

No comments:

Post a Comment