Sunday, August 30, 2009

strings' weed!!

I've been into guitar learning ever since 2 years but,but it has really struck my chords recently.Before that,I admit honestly that I chose 2 learn guitar jus 2 wear that 'cool look' on my sleeves.But,just a couple of months ago,I gotcha know the real deep sense of phrases "Music is eternal.Music is immortal."Now,I dont even feel a pinch of strain 2 attend my lessons after a lon,tiresome and fuckin' boring day in college,which carries me 'off'' round the clock.The intensity in me 2 strike the strings with such an energy and fire for perfection aroused when it fortunately happened 4 me 2 go through a post of Sirish's blog "frets and freedom".Tony Iommi.Man,u are really taking away my nerve.As soon as I read about this man,I googled about him and I am lucky able 2 find and download some breath-taking performances of this guy.The most interesting about this guy is he posesses only 3 fingers on his fretting hand.When questioned abt that,there came a reply from him which bowled me down from my senses.That was,"behind this perfection of managing with jus 2 fingers on frets,there were SLEEPLESS NIGHTS & BLEEDING FINGERS".Awesome.
Here comes the "Messenger of God" according 2 me,Bob Marley.I felt very bad when I saw some people wearing tees with Bob's imprint on 'em, but they dont even know a bit about him. Oh my God....!!! Really God of Reggae Music.His lyrics sound the divinity surrounding his soul.I managed 2 listen 2 hits of Bob like ,"stir it up","jamming","is this love","no woman no cry".....it never ends.I was just dumbstuck by his energy and enthusiasm.
The last evening, a discussion took its place between me and my music teacher.He suggested me 2 lend an ear 2 Bryan Adam's stuff 2 come across fuckin' beautiful timing of chords.Now,Its so obvious that I am into him.
Last sunday,Raghav was up at my place and that time,I was working on chords and stuff.He really liked what i played and I really liked what he said.Strings are just getting into me in such a way that I wanna give up all the technical shit and seriosly consider "guitar" as my purpose .
I have downloaded few pictures of Bob Marley from my mate's mobile.My mom was asking me,"Why dont u pause guitar lessons till u are done with the present semester exams?"
"How does it sound like stop studying till I am perfectly done with my guitar?" was my instant reply.It got completely soaked in me.As Sirish said,"Music is not only a piece of art,its a skill."
And I say,"Repetition is the mother of skill."I gonna repeat it again n again till my fingers are cut,found bleeding and the sound of strings gets settled deep down in my soul forever.
Sounds a bit heavy....aint it? No big deal.......

3 comments:

  1. its d true buddi..........n we cant we make a band..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx ra mawa.......ur comments r always worth awaiting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. saale! wen did u change da luk of da blog?..i find dis far too boring..try gng for a different luk..

    ReplyDelete